Monday, March 31, 2008
High Metabolism Boosting Foods
High metabolism boosting foods are important items to include in your diet, because a high metabolism allows you to have more energy and burn more fat. Those are both key factors in living a long and healthy life. The following list of foods will help you get the most out of what you choose to fuel your body with.
1. Beans – Beans are low on the glycemic index, which means they won’t cause you to store up a bunch of fat just to digest them. Plus, they are full of protein.
2. Breakfast – Some people still think that skipping breakfast helps with weight loss. Your metabolism already lowers from going without food all night. The last thing you want to do is not eat a nutritious morning meal. Metabolism levels will lower even more...
3. Chicken – We’re not talking fried here. Bake your chicken minus the skin for a food that is high in protein and low in fat—a perfect metabolism booster.
4. Milk – The lower in fat it is, the better. Low-fat dairy products like milk, thanks to the high dose of calcium, have been shown to reduce the absorption of fat.
5. Fiber-filled food – Foods that are high in fiber are some of the best foods that speed metabolism. Fiber keeps digestion and weight loss moving along.
6. Grapefruit – Now, don’t get carried away and go on a grapefruit-only diet, but the fad started in the first place for a reason; you actually burn more calories digesting grapefruit more than many other fruits.
7. Lentils – The combination of protein and fiber gives you two powerful ways of ramping up your metabolism.
8. Spicy foods – The capsaicin in hot foods helps your calorie-burning ability up to fifty percent up to 2 hours after eating.
9. Turkey – Along with chicken, this lean meat high in protein can help you burn up to 25 percent more calories.
10. Yogurt – The calcium in yogurt helps keep the fat off and it boosts metabolism by aiding in the digestion process.
As you can see from this list of ten foods that speed metabolism, foods that are high in fiber and protein are two of the main constituents of high metabolism boosting foods. Also remember to eat up to six small meals a day, as that will help increase the number of calories you burn simply from eating and digesting. What can be a simpler way than that for burning calories?