Just one thing... you have to like avocados? If so, read on for a delicious avocado recipe, one of the top foods that help us to eat calories and lose weight while getting the required good fats we need to keep up the development of our mind and body.
A whole medium avocado contains approximately 21 grams of fat, though most of it is healthy monounsaturated fat. Avocados also have 60% more potassium than bananas. They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K. They have the highest fiber content of any fruit - including 75% insoluble and 25% soluble fiber.
This recipe is from the Wild Rose Cookbook:
Stuffed Avocado Salad
- 3 large avocados
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 hardboiled eggs [chopped]
- 1/2 tart apple
- 1/2 cup smoked or baked salmon [without artificial additives]
- 2 tbsp green onions [chopped]
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds
* Cut avodados in half lengthwise and remove pits. remove flesh and reserve shell.
* Cut avocados into 1/2 inch pieces, place iin medium mixing bowl and coat all surfaces with lemon juice.
* Add eggs, apple, salmon, onions, cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
* Spoon back into avocado shells.
* Top with toasted almonds and serve with lemon slices which is optional.
Try this Recipe and I guarantee you'll love it. I picked up the Wild Rose Recipe book at a local health food store and it's packed full of healthy and organic recipes to use with their 12 day herbal detox program developed by Clinical Herbalist Dr Terry Willard, PhD.